Who Are We?
OHNANS is a not-profit professional association of Occupational Health Nurses organized to:
- promote and highlight Occupational Health Nursing to ensure its viability as a long standing, important discipline in Health Care.
- provide education, support and training to the membership, other Occupational Health Nurses and others who can impact health in this province.
- promote Occupational Health Nursing standards of professional practice, which align with the Canadian Occupational Health Nurses Association Inc. /Association Canadienne desinfirmières et infirmiers en santé du travail Inc. (COHNA/ACIIST).
- network and create connections with other Occupational Health practitioners.
OHNANS members are also members of the Canadian Occupational Health Nurses Association/Association Canadienne Des Infirmières Et Infirmiers En Santé Du Travail (COHNA/ACIIST), the Canadian Nurses Association and the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia.
- Founded 40 years ago by a small group of occupational health nurses dedicated to health promotion and injury and illness prevention.
- OHNANS is a provincially-based organization and a member of the COHNA/ACIIST, the Canadian Nurses Association and the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia.
- OHNANS’s annual awards program recognizes leaders and innovators in Nova Scotia’s occupational health environment.